Those who know me know that I like to stay upbeat no matter what the challenges are or what life seems to throw at me. I have a standard way of operating all the time. Resilience is my middle name so I decided to write the 12 RULES FOR STAYING UPBEAT IN ANY SITUATION
1. Always know that no matter how bad things may seem, it will end at some point.
2. The universe is tough on one and has no mercy. But it will treat you worse if you get depressed or give up, so that is not an option.
3. Always pick your own emotions and don’t let life choose them for you.
4. Keep yourself busy with anything that is productive and creative. This will help you feel useful and automatically keep you upbeat. If you don’t pick a game to play in life, life will pick one for you, and it won’t one that you will like.
5. Never be a victim and blame anyone or anything else for your troubles. Sure, other factors may play a role in the situation but YOU are the solution.
6. Ask for help if you need it. Chances are that you would help someone else if they were in your situation so don’t feel too shy or embarrassed to ask for help.
7. Surround yourself with successful people. Their success will rub off on you and help change your situation.
8. Never submerse yourself in self pity and doubt. Stay away from people that make you do that too, even if they seemingly mean well.
9. Never ever give up. No matter how many times you have failed. The chances of you ever succeeding are zero if you stop trying.
10. Always have a goal and a plan to reach that goal and keep working on it and never let that die. You could change your plan from time to time to make it better suit current situations, but never stop working on it.
11. Always help others with what you can. There is no better activity to bring one upbeat than helping another. This could be the most therapeutic activity that there is.
12. Always keep in mind that no matter how bad things look, there is always someone else worse off. Always fight back and play life as a game. It is actually not that serious. It has been made to look that way, but it’s definitely not.