The Group Human Resources Manager (GHRMNG) assumes responsibility to develop the Group’s human resource (HR) strategy, supervise the administrative area of HR and support the other Companies of the Group.
The GHRMNG has overall responsibility to provide assistance, advice and support the Managers about HR issues. The GHRMNG will also be acting Group Mozambique’s HRMNG.
The GHRMNG reports directly to the CEO or his/her deputy.
Duties & Responsibilities
The scope of responsibilities of the GHRMNG covers all HR areas within the Group. This includes overseeing the administrative area and developing HR strategy. The objective is for the Group to reach the next level in the management of its HR.
Outline of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Group HR Strategic Plan definition and follow-up of the deadlines;
- Support the functional managers in staff related matters;
- Ensuring an adequate Recruitment & Hiring strategy is defined and communicated throughout the Group.
- Assist in improving the Group’s structure;
- Definition of Job Descriptions and Job Profiles for all top positions within the Group;
- Supporting the top management in the Team Evaluation and Appraisal Process;
- Design a leadership pipeline for the Group;
- Develop and Implement a Management Performance Evaluation Model;
- Establish training needs for all levels in the Group;
- Develop training plans for the Group with the Training Manager;
- Selecting external trainers when required and evaluating their effectiveness; Ensure Group standards are maintained;
- Ensuring Individual Development plans with the top managers, whenever necessary;
- Ensure payroll processes for the Group that all salaries are paid correctly and timely;
- Keep Salary scale up to date and ensure that Salaries increases process is fair and aligned with salary scale and performance appraisal process; ensure uniform criteria for all employees within the Group;
- Supervise all expatriate processes and ensure that all are in compliance with labour law;
- Supporting and liaise with HR System Developers, on the development of new Human Resources Management Modules; Ensure (where possible) all Group companies use uniform systems and processes;
- Define and implement Group Internal Policies in line with the Grouops reality and the current legislation; Contribute for the disclosure and implementation of Internal Regulation document;
- Coordinate Company communication to the Employees;
- Perform other tasks as may be required by the CEO or his/her deputy.
- Soft Skills – Behaviors / Personal Competences
- Good communication skills;
- Empathy and ability to work in a team;
- Good judgment and strong profit orientation;
- Hard worker, with high levels of energy and self-motivation;
- Results orientated with delivery capabilities and good time management skills;
- Planning and Organization Skills;
- Decision making skills;
- Leadership skills (Coach and develop leaders, assess and improve the performance of direct reports, manage boundaries and allocate resources, select leaders and build the organization);
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, co-workers, Managers and external 3rd parties (governmental);
- Conflict management ability;
- Pro-active management style with initiative, dynamism and assertiveness approach;
- Good judgment and ability to lead by example by demonstrating high ethical and moral behaviour whilst ensuring compliance with the Health, Safety, Environmental & Security and Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption policies for yourself and any of your direct reports;
- Available to pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role;
- PRO: BA/CD.
Hard Skills – Background / Technical Competences
- Academic Background: Degree in Organizational Psychology or Human Resources Management;
- Experience required (minimum/maximum): 5-10 years, preferably in Transports, Logistics or Human Resources Consultancy in International Companies;
- Good understanding of the Business and Business Needs;
- IT knowledge: excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products (word; excel; power point);
- Age (minimum / maximum): 30-40;
- Others: English – full command of the English language, both written and spoken;
- Time availability;
- LI: Minimum of 25.
Regular Office working hours:
- From Monday to Friday:
- 07h30 – 12h30
- 13h30 – 17h30