CHIEF FINANCE OFFICER
The CFO is responsible for Managerial & Financial Accounting as well as Financial Reporting.
The CFO assumes overall responsibility for assistance, advice and support required to manage the Accounts & Finance staff, regarding all accounting and financial issues.
The CFO Moz reports to the GROUP CFO LONDON.
Duties & Responsibilities
The scope of responsibilities of the Finance Manager covers Accounting & Finance; overseeing administration, improving systems and developing staff skills to ensure data quality in Finance.
Outline of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform operational planning to ensure that reports are done on time by all the staff;
- Reconciliation of Operational & Financial systems results through various reconciliation methods;
- Ensure accuracy of accounting including classification, completeness and valuation in the financial ERP system by continuous review and testing of controls;
- Monitor finance data quality through reconciliation, auditing, variance analysis, etc;
- Ensure optimal level of Accounting staff with maximum output through Performance Evaluation and staff planning;
- Manage Cash Control on daily basis through review of the operational reporting as well as cash spot checks;
- Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts reports, Monthly Payroll reports & liaise on IVA statements with the Accounts Manager through various systems and end-user accounting & reporting;
- Supervise Intercompany Month-End Balances and ensure that balances with other Group companies through communication & reconciliation with all related parties;
- Providing Information in any financial data requested by management as quick as possible through daily planning;
- Ensuring key daily and weekly reporting such as Cash-Flow Projection, Age Analysis, Bank Reconciliation, etc. are done on timely basis through managing, delegating, prioritizing finance department schedules;
- Coordinate with External Auditors by providing all requested information for the final Audit Reports;
- Perform other tasks as may be required by the Group CFO, CEO Mozambique, General Manager.
- Soft Skills – Behaviors / Personal Competences
- Solid communication skills;
- High regard for Empathy and Teamwork;
- Good judgment and evaluation with a focus on value-add to maximize EBITDA;
- Hard worker, with high levels of energy and self-motivation;
- Results orientated with high capacity to deliver quality results in a timely fashion;
- Planning and Organization Skills;
- Decision making, delegation and prioritization skills;
- Negotiation skills for any Financial related issues;
- Ability to take over any role and work if the circumstance warrants/assigned;
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, co-workers, Managers and external 3rd parties;
- Pro-active management style with initiative, dynamism and assertiveness approach;
- Good judgment and ability to lead by example by demonstrating high ethical and moral behavior whilst ensuring compliance with the Health, Safety, Environmental & Security and Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption policies for yourself and any of your direct reports;
- Show high levels of skills and interest in developing direct reports;
- Available to pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role;
- PRO: DA/BC
- Hard Skills –Background / Technical Competences
- in Commerce or Finance or equivalent, post-graduate degree is desired;
- Professional Accounting Designation Required;
- Experience required (minimum/maximum): 5-10 years in Accounting / Finance area at a Management Level or equivalent in Audit;
- Knowledge of IFRS and IAS is desirable;
- IT knowledge: Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products (word; excel; power point), ERP experience;
- Age (minimum / maximum): 30-40;
- Willingness to travel abroad;
- Knowledge of Portuguese is ESSENTIAL!
- Time availability; Willingness to work until the job is done.