Position Overview: A challenging position is available for a suitably experienced Site Agent to oversee site operations on a day-to-day basis, and ensure that work is done safely, on time and within budget and to the right quality standards.
Key Requirements: In this challenging role you will require the following:
• Minimum of a Matric (Grade 12) Certificate.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a Construction environment.
• Qualification: Diploma/Degree in Civil Engineering or Building Science.
• Must be available immediately.
• Good interpersonal skills, writing abilities and organisational skills.
• Must be computer literate (CCS, MS Word, Excel and Outlook).
• Must be able to work under pressure.
• Must be fluent in English.
• Must possess a strong attention to detail.
• Must have a valid drivers’ license and own transport.
• Use own initiative and be able to work independently.
Key Performance Areas:
1. Financial, Operational & Technical Requirements:
• Contracts managed financially sound.
• Knowledge of JBCC and NEC3 contracts.
• Ensure that the quality of work comply to client’s requirements.
• Complete contracts within the required time frames.
• Ensure commercial and contractual issues are managed correctly.
• Ensure compliance with construction charter requirements.
2. Leadership & Transformation Requirements:
• Be a role model for leading high performance teams.
• Demonstrate respect for people and an appreciation for diversity.
• Review team performance regularly and deal with issues.
3. Partnership & Relationships Requirements:
• Built outstanding relationships with customers and suppliers.
• Entrench trust and confidence in peers and subordinates.
• Professional conduct and work displaying integrity.
4. Management Requirements:
• Planning, scheduling and execution of work.
• Work allocation and accountability.
• Demonstrate innovative thinking in the execution of projects.
• Comply with company policies and procedures.
• Sound decision-making and problem-solving.
5. Risk Requirements:
• Assess and manage contract risk and opportunities.
• Implementation and maintenance of safe working procedures.
• Compliance to environmental regulations.