- BCompt Degree preferably with Honours.
- Must have CIMA Professional Qualification
- Candidates who have completed their studies must have strong people management skills and performance management by process and statistical reporting.
- Ideally should come from a Commercial or Manufacturing background.
- Be commercially aware of the external market forces
- Have a professional approach to the detailed elements of the position but at all times demonstrate awareness of organisation and business objectives
- At least 4 – 5 years experience in a similar role with a medium to large organisation with experience on commercial management, financial analysis and business processes reporting and documenting.
- Good broad understanding of business processes and controls
- High level business acumen, familiar with financial IT and software/computer platforms,
- Project Management skills, preparing business plans, financial models, projections and forecasts
- Strong communication, inter-personal, leadership and business skills
- Good team skills to work on group projects and other collaborative efforts.
- Familiarity with database concepts, data structures, and the use of advanced reporting tools.
- Planning and working flexibly to a deadline.
- Creative problem-solving skills, work well with minimal supervision, detail oriented, highly organized and dependable.
- Oversees all aspects of the Finance function.
- Review systems of internal control and recommend changes to improve controls and minimise risk.
- Audit and release creditor payments and wages ensuring all procedures have been complied with.
- Review age analysis on creditors and debtors and reports on variances.
Estimating and Order Entry
- Manage and oversees all functions relative to Estimating and order entry.
- Reviews pricing to generate sales.
- Plays a strategic role in terms of analysing Prologix’s pricing model in conjunction with the technical team comparing prices to that of the market.
- Reviews all cost drivers content in each job to ensure competitiveness and that profit objectives are met.
- Responsible for reporting on variances and formulates resolutions.
- Manages and oversees all functions relative to costing.
- Analyses costings for variances and reports on material variances at Manco meetings
- Reports on overall costings for the month at the Manco meeting.
Warehousing/ Stock Control
- Adopts an ethos where there is an overall focus to work on a “just in time” basis and ensure an optimum raw material stock levels.
- Manages the stores function to ensure that stock is issued timeously to support an uninterrupted flow of production.
- Minimises and controls stock losses.
- Manages the security and storage of raw materials as per the procedure manual.
- Maintains systems to ensure accurate receipting, storage and issue of raw materials to production.
- Supervises regular stock takes
- Makes adjustments on computer and to invoice stock reports
- Oversees all functions relative to Procurement including imports.
- Ensures cost effective, ‘just in time’ purchasing to meet the quality standards and production requirements of the company.
- Builds effective relationships by meeting with key suppliers.
- Negotiates with key suppliers striving towards competitive buying in using the economies of scale to obtain a better value proposition.
- Participates in Procurement reviews and cost reduction exercises.
- Reviews all contracts and negotiates key elements of current contracts (in conjunction with the MD), to ensure compliance with relevant standards of measurement and pricing to meet Business Plan objectives and conditions within the contract.
- Assists in a contract calculations sales plan and converts it into a set of objectives and plans for execution.
- Establishes objectives and strategies for managing the contribution to organisational objectives relating to contracts.
- Builds and maintains an effective contract team ensuring accurate completion of all documentation.
- Develops and controls relationships with successful contract customers.
- Manages all aspects of the Key Customer Account.
- Ensures a strong working relationship is maintained.
- Conducts a weekly telephonic conversation.
- Conducts quarterly meetings to review the project plan and deal with action points.
- Ensures that the Service Level Agreement is adhered to and all credit claims, Failure Mode Reports (FMR’s) and statistics are reviewed and evaluated timeously.
- Develops an annual plan, and implements plan in conjunction with the Managing Director.
- Develops an annual costing system.
- Develops a sales budget and reviews performance relative to actual.
- Oversees all aspects relative to Business Improvement and Quality.
- Documents the processes and requirements of business improvement projects, reviews alternatives, implements new plans and trains staff.
- Uses various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases, and statistical packages, to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
- Reviews and presents weekly operational reports around performance.
- Provides ad hoc management reports as requested.
- Provides statistical information to top management to enable them to make strategic decisions.
Management Information Systems
- Ensures MIS systems reflect business needs.
- Assists with the design and implementation of processes to give business unit necessary financial data to make decisions and monitor performance (e.g., time tracking system, performance management).
- Keeps abreast of new Information Systems in the market and continuously updates existing MIS Systems.
- Performs comprehensive analysis and projections, relating to business improvement or research trends.
- Analyzes complex performance data, extracting relevant information; interprets data for the purpose of determining past performance to project a financial probability.
- Continuous analysis of performance during month and adjustment of costs in line with revenue.
- Uses established fact-finding procedures, and knowledge of pertinent work processes and procedures to provide required analysis of performance against actual expenditures against budgets and investigate variances.
- Oversee the Production Department in absence of the Production Manager and attend daily production meetings.
Personnel Management/ HR
- Identifies and manages training objectives within the department in order to fulfil business units skills requirements and succession planning.
- Develops an effective committed team environment to ensure service delivery.
- Deals effectively with grievances and disciplinary enquiries in accordance with company grievance and disciplinary procedure, by upholding and maintaining rules.
- Provides appropriate leadership in the role of line management
- Manages and authorises sick and annual leave.
- Manages staff performance and ensures performance appraisals are conducted and completed inline with HR performance management objectives.
- Assists in the full scale function of recruitment and selection that falls under the commercial role.
- Participates in the commercial element of Induction programmes.
- Leads the change management initiatives as and when, may be required.
- Transfers skills to team through effective training and mentoring
- Communicates with Clients and staff to ensure standards are maintained, or mutually acceptable adjustments agreed where appropriate.
- Maintains continuous communication with operational management relating to difficulties with compliance.
- Develops open and effective communication with the Managing Director and all support staff, external customers and clients
- Shares knowledge with others to draw on skills of experts where required to fulfil customer requirements.
- Applies a customer driven and consultative approach to managing your function using excellent statistical reporting and presentation skills.
- Attends meetings with management and supervisory team within production to ensure that timeframes and customers requirements are met.
- Confers with appropriate bodies internally and externally to ensure that required procedures are followed.
- Conducts workshops and training seminars to inform on new policies and control.
- Investigates and resolves problems related to transactions handled by the department.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments or units in the resolution of day-to-day administrative and operational issues.
- Resolves any conflict issues internally or externally that may impact on the business.
Training and Development
- Plans training requirements for improved knowledge on all relevant products, business principles.
- Keeps abreast of developments /new technology, processes and equipment.
- Attends daily, weekly, monthly meetings, review meetings and any other adhoc meetings as requested
- Prepares and supplies relevant reports and input for meetings.
- Attends meetings scheduled after normal working hours.